Solved

Metallic Office 365 - Capacity Usage Alert

• 9 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

Hi

I received an alert recently on my O365 usage being exceeded. Whom can I reach to discuss and review this overage and process to purchase additional capacity

---
Metallic Office 365 - Capacity Usage Alert

The following subscription in <mycompany> has exceeded 100% of purchased capacity.

Metallic Office 365 - Capacity

We have begun a 60-day grace period before pausing backups and you now have 57 days remaining. If capacity continues to exceed 100% after the grace period, backups will be paused.

To purchase additional users or storage capacity, please contact your Commvault customer success manager or Commvault reseller partner.

You can view your Metallic Office 365 - Capacity usage report here.

To delete content, please refer to Best Practices for Reducing Storage Usage.

----

icon

Best answer by RajA 9 August 2023, 05:08

View original

3 replies

Badge +3

Also what happens if I ran out of grace period ?

Badge +3

Hi Alex,

Hope this helps.

What does this alert mean?

This alert indicates that the user licenses you have purchased have been overused. This is a proactive alert to work on the environment and buy additional capacity or subscriptions based on your needs.

Whom can I reach to discuss this license overage?
You can reach out to your Customer Success Manager(CSM), Commvault Partner or Metallic Account representation to set up a session and review current Subscription Usage, health check and ensure you are getting the best use of your licensing and guide you through the process of purchasing additional capacity.

What can I do to reduce overage?
You can view your current Metallic Office 365 Capacity usage report by following the instructions from Viewing the Usage Report
To delete content, please refer to Best Practices for Reducing Storage Usage

What happens if I run out of grace period ?
All bakcups will be paused and you will not be able to configure any new Clients or Apps.

Badge +1

Yah Alex,

I also received this change from UNLIMITED to capacity add on to buy.  Kinda sucks when you now have to monitor backups and also did you buy enough storage?  (or backup tapes) argh… are we back to the stone ages using Tapes tech?  Not, but the concept of tapes is back.  T