Solved

Metallic Recovery Reserve network Requirements

• 21 February 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hello Community

I wonder if anyone in the Community can guide me here.  We are going to do away with our current DASH copies to our DR site and instead create a new copy on each Storage Policy to go to MRR instead.  However I was hoping someone could answer a couple of questions on this

1.  Is the first copy that goes to MRR a full copy even though its going to be DASH copies   going up to this storage area?
  2. Our network team have asked me what the initial backup size will be so they can calculate the time the first job will take if it has to a full.  I have looked at reporting, but what report do I run to see what the full backup (if it is this) size will be on one Storage Policy?  Its only the DASH copies which will be going up to MRR.

Any help on the above would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

TonyQ

icon

Best answer by William Dennehy 21 February 2023, 19:19

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Q:  Is the first copy that goes to MRR a full copy even though its going to be DASH copies   going up to this storage area?

A: Since this will be a new dedupe database, then yes, we will have to send the baseline data first.  As more and more data are copied, less and less data will need to be sent over the network.

Q: Our network team have asked me what the initial backup size will be so they can calculate the time the first job will take if it has to a full.  I have looked at reporting, but what report do I run to see what the full backup (if it is this) size will be on one Storage Policy?  Its only the DASH copies which will be going up to MRR

A: You can use the primary database or the existing dash copy, to give you a rough estimate of application size, data written, and baseline size.