Solved

Recent reporting change in Metallic

• 7 March 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hello,

I wanted to share feedback about recent reporting change called “New Self-Service Report Option: Provides simple report selection options that allow admins to subscribe to reports of interest.”

Actually, it’s not an option, it forced all the user to use predefined report’s only where most basic “backup job summary report” is completely gone. Reports are totally out of control now and existing ones are non-editable. 

Can you revert that change or at least make it truly optional? 

icon

Best answer by Indu Peddibhotla 10 March 2023, 17:49

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @Lukas3D,

Thank you for reaching out and providing your feedback. We’re discussing this feedback internally with our Product Management team, in the interim, to ensure we can accurately capture your feedback, please reach out to your Customer Success Manager.

We’ll be happy to align a further conversation with yourself, our Product Management team, and your Customer Success Manager.

Thanks

Michael

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hello Michael, our CSM was reached already I and bet I wasn’t the only one reaching him today.

Just wanted to know community’s opinion about these changes.

I’ve heard that Metallic will be Commvault feature like over time where possible, but this is definitely step back. 

Badge +2

Reports are totally out of control now and existing ones are non-editable. 

For me this is the biggest frustration.  Why shouldn’t I be able to edit existing ones?  I haven’t let my CSM know of the situation yet, but I will provide feedback to him.

Thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Reports are totally out of control now and existing ones are non-editable. 

For me this is the biggest frustration.  Why shouldn’t I be able to edit existing ones?  I haven’t let my CSM know of the situation yet, but I will provide feedback to him.

Thank you!

Ye, that was pretty annoying, but for the end of the week this functionality should be restored. Finally. 

So basically, there was a lot of confusion but after few days it will be built around simple (pre-created) and advanced (previous custom made) reports.

Badge

Hi @Lukas3D  and @Brent Atwood , 

We heard you and addressing the edit issue with the highest priority. We value your inputs and sorry for any confusion the change has caused. Our goal is to simplify subscribing to new reports and existing report functionality should continue to work as expected.

Thanks

Indu Peddibhotla, Product Management.

Badge +2

Thanks @Indu Peddibhotla 

Badge +1

Hi, I came here for same issue.

with the recent changes i feel like  Metallic is going Windows Vista way .

You are messing things up. this report is totally like enforcing your views on admins.

i used to send a daily report to my management using those report earlier by customizing them but now everything is messed, at least provide an option to users , DO NOT Enforce. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Lukas3D  and @Brent Atwood , 

We heard you and addressing the edit issue with the highest priority. We value your inputs and sorry for any confusion the change has caused. Our goal is to simplify subscribing to new reports and existing report functionality should continue to work as expected.

Thanks

Indu Peddibhotla, Product Management.

Hello,

the functionality still wasn’t restored, I’m not able to edit scheduled reports.

Edit: my bad, it works fine. 

Badge +2

Yes , it was restored with yesterday’a patches but I want to ask one more thing . why do jobs get killed when you do maintenance? Is there no HA or live synch commserv in backend ?