Solved

11.32 -sql server agent schedule - no option to select transcation log

• 11 September 2023
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +13

usually while creating schedule i select sql server agent for sql db backup and i get below option for transaction log 

in the new version i am not getting this option any idea

icon

Best answer by Onno van den Berg 11 September 2023, 10:06

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Looks like it was renamed to incremental backup. Do you see this option? 

Userlevel 1
Badge +13

@Onno van den Berg  yes there incremental option , thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Ok. I'm however not sure if this was an intended change and that it is as expected. I hope someone from the development team can clarify it. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@Onno van den Berg 

Let me check.

Thanks,

Sunil

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@Ajal 

Are you looking at schedule or schedule policy? In schedule policy, we see it as incremental.

Thanks,

Sunil-

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@Ajal  @Sunil 

Yes it appears this changed in 32 previously, schedule policy if agent selected is MSSQL it would show transection log backup and not incremental.

Not sure if this was intentional to streamline backup types in schedule policies.

@Ajal Any particular reason you are using CommCell console and not command center here?

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Not sure why you ask why he is not using Command Center, but as long as you can do thing on both ends a lot of customer will still not go across ;-) 

According to the documentation the FR32 release still refers to transaction logs in the server plan configurator that is available in Command Center, hence I suspect we're seeing an unexpected observation in where the Commcell is referring to incremental backup incorrectly. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +13

@Scott Reynolds  we always use java console for deployment , personally i didn't like how commvault trying to swtich to command center , in my opinion  commvault should have used same methods and terms in command center and then slowly moved to what we have now , i feel like both are completely different product 

anyway if i can go ahead and select incremental backup instead of transaction log  thats okay for me 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@Onno van den Berg I simply asked as informational on what/why folks are using the command center or java gui specifically for database agent functions.

@Ajal If you can PM me your CCID I can look further into this and a possible CMR to have this changed.

Thanks

Userlevel 1
Badge +13

@Scott Reynolds  i selected it works fine , i have deployed for multiple customer and its same for all of them . 

and the other issue am seeing is below ,

usually the Storage policy for DDB get associated, this is my second installation i am getting same warning then i had to assign ddb to one of the Storage policu i created ,

i am not sure its the right approach , what is the retention i should use for the DDB storage policy