Question

All clients need update: not only fileservers

• 18 April 2024
  • 6 replies

Badge +3

I need a report listing all the servers that need to be updated/ upgraded to the latest release. Could you please advise from where i can get such report 

Thanks  

6 replies

Badge +3

I am getting them by Filter the column need Update on commcell, However I can’t save them from commcell. 

Also some of the server are disabled, not update or upgrade needed. So they are not reflecting the actual list 

From command center, Manage==> servers. Some servers are not shown such as the exchange ones and San ones 

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Within the CommCell Console, you can create a Client Computer Group with Automatic Association to list Clients requiring an update. I would use the following Automatic Association rules: 

• Client needs Updates - Is True
  • Client - Equal To - Licensed 

Once you’ve created that Client Computer Group, select it to view the Clients, and then if you want to export that list from within the CommCell Console, you can press the Double Down Chevron button that is in the top-right of that pane, and select Save. 

You could also just use the “Software Version” report that can be found in the Web Console.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Melshawy ,

As advised by @Erase4ndReuseMedia , you could export any view from the Commcell Console, just click on the Chevron within the view you want to export and click on “Save”;

The “Software Version” section of the Health Report should also provide the information you are looking for;

Click on “Software Version” and it will show a detailed view of all client configured within the environment

Regards,

Javier

Badge +3

Thanks guys for the detailed answers; I will update you how it goes. 

Badge +3

@Javier I tried this one however I have noticed it is only giving me the media agents and multiple other clients are missing. Did I have missing steps?

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

HI @Melshawy ,

To which one do you refer with “this one”? Are you trying from the JavaGUI or from the Command Center?

Ensure you have no filters applied, as far as I know all clients should be listed