Skip to main content

I have a problem:

Commcell can not detect the client on the commcell console, i’m test in server enable selinux and unable selinux OK. But this client not OK.
Azure Linux Media Agent | Community (commvault.com)

@Thin Dinh 

The Cs hostname is not detected because the client is not registered.
Could you check port status between client and cs for 8400 and 8403

Add CS hostname on the host file and restart the client services once.

@Thin Dinh 

The Cs hostname is not detected because the client is not registered.
Could you check port status between client and cs for 8400 and 8403

Add CS hostname on the host file and restart the client services once.

I try, but is not working.

run the command cvping cshostname -port 8400

Perhaps you could try using the SimCallWrapper to register the client to the CS, Ref: https://documentation.commvault.com/2023e/expert/registering_client_using_command_line.html

Ensure name resolution is working well first here and that the Client can connect to the CS.

Once completed let us know the result.

Best Regards,

Michael

Hello @Thin Dinh 

As the previous replies suggest, this issue occurs when the install completes but the final step (registering with the CommServe) fails due to a connectivity issue. Is this a new Client or existing that was updated?

Could you check SimCallWrapper.log and see if there are any errors being reported? CvFwd.log should also indicate if there is a connection issue.

Do you have any network rules in place between this Server and the CommServe? Any Proxies or a Gateways involved? Do these machines have multiple NICs and Commvault should be using a specific network?

Thank you,
Collin

Hello @Thin Dinh 

As the previous replies suggest, this issue occurs when the install completes but the final step (registering with the CommServe) fails due to a connectivity issue. Is this a new Client or existing that was updated?

Could you check SimCallWrapper.log and see if there are any errors being reported? CvFwd.log should also indicate if there is a connection issue.

Do you have any network rules in place between this Server and the CommServe? Any Proxies or a Gateways involved? Do these machines have multiple NICs and Commvault should be using a specific network?

Thank you,
Collin

Hi Collin, The root cause is selinux in mode enforcing, after i change the mode = permissive it worked