Skip to main content
Solved

Azure Linux Media Agent

• 1 February 2022
  • 1 reply

Hello !

Today is the day when I am trying to deploy my first Media Agent on Azure, and it’s a linux one ! :smiley:

CV v11.24.29, and using RHEL 8.5 as OS.

I copied the full sources to the MA, went root, used interactive install, chose to add : 

fs / fs core 

Media agent

Storage Accelerator

VSA

All the process seem to be OK,  I input the Commserve FQDN, goes on, I am also provided with the list of Plans to use (I select none), register with authcode, looks OK , but the Registering part takes long, then ends up a few minutes later (10 or so) with a Installation completed successfully.

But no commvault processes fire up. 

No special logs in my logfiles folder, thought I get multiple messages in the install.log file during that time : 

Register/Update client request is pending on the client side

Then it stops to repeat when the ‘installation completed successfully’,and get those : 

Moving file /etc/CommVaultRegistry/Galaxy/Instance001/install.xml to /logi/cv/commvault/installer
 Installation completed with Exit status:0
 Install completed successfully
---

So to me this looks almost OK.

But any attempt to startup commvault fails, and from the systemctl information it’s failed : 

I checked the cvping to commserve with port 8400/8401/8403 and it’s OK.

commvault status returns @COMMSERVE@ values for CS hostname and CS clientname.

CS and MA can ping each other with shortname or FQDN.. 

Do you have ideas where I should look at, for an error message, or anything I might have forgotten to do ?

Thanks !

If you have a question or comment, please create a topic

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall right !

After a few minutes spent pondering by my linux admin :nerd: on that topic while on my lunchbreak, I came back and all of a sudden it worked properly ! :sweat_smile:

selinux was enabled on the server, so turning it off solved the issue and allowed commvault to start.

:stuck_out_tongue: