Question

Auto Created By Upgrade For SQL Credential Manager support

• 14 April 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hello.

What are the accounts in credential manager label as subject?

When was they created?

How can I find if they are used and how do I delete them?

BR

Henke

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Can you please tell me if these are the SQL credentials that you are speaking of, the SQL agent credentials in the Control Panel?

\

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

@Orazan No it’s in Credential Manager.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Did you recently upgrade to a new platform release.  If so, these were likely created as part of the upgrade process.  From memory SQL was added to credential manager in 11.26 and later.  At the time of upgrade, any SQL credentials that existed would have been automatically converted to use credential manager.  These credentials could be tied to any of these: SQL Server, Azure SQL Database, Azure SQL Database Managed Instance, and Amazon RDS for SQL Server.

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

@Steven Robinson Don’t know when they turned up, we did upgrade last November I think.

Can they be deleted? When we try we can’t. Since I have master role it needs to be associated with something. Any idea how I can find that?

Badge +3

Hello, I’m having the same issue and we’ve been asked to change service accounts to more secure ones. Is there a way to delete them?

I have to admit, I’m not happy with this, because we had a service account that was used for both some windows and sql stuff , now since it exists as windows, I cannot create an Sql entry with the same name,

Did you get an answer from someone or do we need to open a ticket?

thx

GD

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Correct this is function to allow better management of user credentials.

https://documentation.commvault.com/2022e/expert/101991_configurations_for_credential_manager.html

Info on deleting is located here:

https://documentation.commvault.com/2022e/expert/102001_deleting_credential_from_credential_manager.html

Badge +3

Thank you, but all that has already been done, still getting the error message about usage and/or no rights to do deletion….

I’ve decided to open a ticket

thank you

GD

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Thank you, but all that has already been done, still getting the error message about usage and/or no rights to do deletion….

I’ve decided to open a ticket

thank you

GD

Hello @Gil from Canada 

I’d be interested in what support comes back with as I still have the same issue. though it is on the backburner here due to other tasks.

BR

Henke