Skip to main content
Question

Azure Data Box alternatives ?

• 4 July 2024
  • 2 replies

Hello community,

We are looking for Azure Data Box alternatives.

The goal is somehow to copy / move a Disk Library from a local physical MA to an Azure MA, but not through Commvault auxiliary copy.

I found the steps for Converting a Disk Library to Cloud Library, but prior that, what is the way to copy the Disk Library from physical MA to an Azure MA?

Maybe, this is the way?
https://documentation.commvault.com/v11/essential/media_recovery_disk_media.html

Please for your feedback,
Nikos

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @Nikos.Kyrm 

As mentioned in the doc link step 4, Converting a Disk Library to Cloud Library, please use vendor’s copy tool (I believe for Azure it’s Azcopy) to copy contents to cloud and ensure to maintain the structure as mentioned in the example below. 

4.Using the tool provided by the vendor for copying data, copy the base folder from the mount path location to the cloud storage under the bucket or container.

For example:

If the mount path is D:\DL01\Folder_06.13.2016_16.17, and the bucket or container is MyStorage:

Then copy Folder_06.13.2016_16.17 under MyStorage.

To be fool proof, I would suggest you try with a test disklibrary and once confirmed it works, perform the migrartion of main disklibrary.

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello @RajA ,

Thanks for your reply, but I’m looking for the steps (after the Azcopy) in order to “rescan” the previous Disk / Cloud Library to new MA.