Solved

Azure Intellisnap

• 26 January 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hey,

We are trying to setup Intellisnap for Azure.

We get the following error.

“Unknown error, http resp: [{"error":{"code":"SubscriptionNotFound","message":"”

We have the correct subscription and we are able to browse vms from the vsa with same settings.

an azure vm is acting media agent.

We created an Array with managed identetity.
We are trying to do this through the console as we aren’t yet using the command center..

BR

Henrik

icon

Best answer by Mike Struening RETIRED 28 March 2022, 15:32

View original

If you have a question or comment, please create a topic

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @Henke , hope all is well!

I checked our entire internal database for that error and only found it occurring one time….and the person having the issue stopped replying.

Can you open a support case and share the incident number here?

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hey @Mike Struening !

A collegue of mine opened a support case, Incident 220127-64.

BR

Henke 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Great, thanks!!

Badge +1

Commvault needs some better documentation on this setup.  By default Commvault defaults to Azure Commercial URL’s.  To override the Azure Region, add the AzureRegion setting on the Azure Media Server with category MediaAgent or Virtual… with a value of usgov for Azure GOV regions.  (redirect to any Azure sovereign region)

Badge +1

I have a couple other questions regarding the Intellisnap for Azure process.  We utilize azure tags quite extensively and Commvault does add some tags to resources that it creates… i.e. intellisnap creates a tag on the snapshot “SnapShotCreatedByCommvault”  Is there a way to add more custom tags snapshot from Commvault?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@doms24 , agreed on the documentation improvements.  There’s a little chat button on each page (upper right) where you can subm,it feedback, though feel free to let me know the whats and wheres here and I can do it for you.

Regarding the snapshot tag, I’m not finding anything.  Let me ask around internally.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@doms24 , doesn’t sound like we have that ability.  Might be worth creating a support case to ask for a CMR.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Development provided the following additional setting to support Gov Cloud:

Name: AzureRegion
Category: MediaAgent
Type: STRING
Value: usgov