Question

Azure Premium SSD V2

• 10 April 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +8

IntelliSnap failed on Azure Premium SSD V2 with below error,  incremental snapshots is still preview status, any chance to create full snapshot for Azure disk?

20164 5584  04/10 06:59:07 182052 CreateManagedDiskSnapshot() - Failed to create Incremental Snapshot for disk [vaz-wpc-002_DataDisk3]. Attempting normal snapshot...
20164 5584  04/10 06:59:07 182052 CreateManagedDiskSnapshot() - Exception [System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> Microsoft.Rest.Azure.CloudException: Only incremental snapshots are supported for disks of Sku PremiumV2_LRS.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

IntelliSnap requires full snapshots, traditionally. It seems like the framework will not work with Premium V2 as only incremental snapshot types are supported - meaning we cannot capture all the data in a snapshot.

I think we need more details on this - I don’t see anyone that has encountered this issue before. Let me check and get back to you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Any update on this one @Damian Andre ? 

Badge +8

IntelliSnap requires full snapshots, traditionally. It seems like the framework will not work with Premium V2 as only incremental snapshot types are supported - meaning we cannot capture all the data in a snapshot.

I think we need more details on this - I don’t see anyone that has encountered this issue before. Let me check and get back to you.

@Damian Andre any update on it? last week Microsoft moved Premium SSD V2 to GA.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

@Damian Andreor anyone else from Commvault side?

Is here an update when Premium V2  and in what version this will be supported?

Thx

Marcel

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Damian Andre any update on this one? At Azure they just made it GA for Azure Backup → https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/updates/premium-ssd-v2-backup-support-ga/ 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Found the answer myself….. Support is added in the CPR2024E release that was released yesterday.

Support for Azure Ultra Disks and Premium SSDv2 Disks

Customers using Azure will now be able to easily back up and recover their high performance Ultra and SSDv2 disks through incremental snapshots. This feature ensures that important data stored in these disks can be securely saved and quickly restored when needed, providing peace of mind and minimizing the risk of data loss.
https://documentation.commvault.com/2024e/essential/newsletter_for_new_features_in_commvault_platform_release_2024e.html