Question

Best practice of moving backup jobs from one disk library to another using Disk

• 28 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

Dear Team,

I have question about aux copy moving. My daily aux copy size on all storage policies around 1 TB but we have 60mbps peer to peer link primary site to DR site. It's not enough to transfer that size of data daily. There for we have created backlog of data daily.  

This time we cannot increase link.

Do we have any method to copy the data to the DR site using a disk on a weekly basis from the commvault side?
(I am talking about a method of storing the data for a week in a disk in the primary site and taking it to the DR site once a week and copying it to the DR disk)

Please help me to figure out these.  

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Abhiman W 

What you are describing here is an Aux copy - just not scheduled daily, but weekly.

Maybe I’m not following exactly, but if you need to move data from Prod to DR site, that would have to traverse the slow network either way wouldn’t it?

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Am I correct in understanding that your question is about copying the jobs to removable Storage that can be transported to the local site and uploaded?

If you have deduplication enabled at the target location then Dash Copies are a great method of copying data over slow links.  Have you considered this option?