Solved

Can I add a suffix to files when restoring in the webconsole?

• 8 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

We relatively often restore older versions of files to users. 
In the thick java client you can chose to sett a suffix option on the filename when restoring, to not overwrite existing files, and to make them easy recognizable. 
We can not find this option in the webconsole. (Command Center). 
Is this a feature planed to be implemented, or is there a simple solution to ad a suffix?
The suffix is very useful when you restore larger amount of files to distinguish them from existing files.  

icon

Best answer by Damian Andre 8 February 2024, 20:23

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hey @Kimmo_SSB,

That option is not in Command Center - not sure if it is planned to be added, I’ll see if I can find out. Best alternative is to create a new folder under the original destination called ‘restored’ or something similar and place it there.

Badge +1

Hey @Kimmo_SSB,

That option is not in Command Center - not sure if it is planned to be added, I’ll see if I can find out. Best alternative is to create a new folder under the original destination called ‘restored’ or something similar and place it there.

Hi Damian!
Thank you for advice and information. We’re using the “new folder to restore to” alternative as an opton. 
And I guess it has much to do with what you are used to do. But would be nice if CommVault would consider to add this option to their Command Center. Sometimes it is easier for the user when the restored files appear same place with the defective/new file.
Or when you restore large ammount of files to different users and locoations at the same time. 
I think the suffix option has been available in most backup products from different companies too.