Skip to main content

Hi,

I have created a test CS VM on VMware Workstation using the OVA below.

Gave the VM a name and password with complexity below.

The VM gets created but I can’t logon at the windows screen, so is there a default username that I am missing or is it a case that this OVA does not give me all the screens during the install when installing on VMWare workstation ?

CIS L1 Hardened Commserver 11.28

CIS L1 rules hardened for Windows server 2019, SQL server 2019 and IIS10

Platform:  Windows Server 2019

DB: SQL server 2019 standard edition

use the below password complexity while creating a new image from OVA:
      Password must have 3 of the following: 1 lower case character, 1 upper case character, 1 number, and 1 special character.
      The value must be between 12 and 72 characters long.

HI @atitagain ,

This should be the default credentials:

Username: commvault
Password: StrongPassword4C!SCS 

Let me know

Best Regards,

Sebastien

@Sebastien Merluzzi thanks, lets me give this a go. Where are these these cred’s listed as I could not find them anywhere.

@atitagain ,

It is a known issue, I will report it to Engineering.

I have now reported it to the Documentation and Engineering Teams.

@atitagain 

Can you please confirm if you waited before trying to login for the systemsetup script to modify the hostname and password.

This script will perform the changes and reboot the system. After system reboot, we should be able to login with new password. Also, please login with default credentials mentioned earlier in the email and share us the logs from “C:\ApplianceInstall” folder?

You can send it to me Privately.

Best Regards,

HI @atitagain ,

This should be the default credentials:

Username: commvault
Password: StrongPassword4C!SCS 

Let me know

Best Regards,

Sebastien

This un & pw got me logged in.

@atitagain

Can you please confirm if you waited before trying to login for the systemsetup script to modify the hostname and password.

This script will perform the changes and reboot the system. After system reboot, we should be able to login with new password. Also, please login with default credentials mentioned earlier in the email and share us the logs from “C:\ApplianceInstall” folder?

You can send it to me Privately.

Best Regards,

will do, I can see errors in the txt files in the ApplianceInstall folder.

@atitagain 

Sure, let me know when it is done.