Skip to main content

Is there a report that you can run that shows the log in accounts currently in use by all the backups? 

@Allan0105 , I’m not aware of any report, though I’m curious what your goal is….what are you looking to accomplish with this info?

there might be a more direct path to your needs :nerd:

@Allan0105 , I’m not aware of any report, though I’m curious what your goal is….what are you looking to accomplish with this info?

there might be a more direct path to your needs :nerd:

HI mike, 

I am trying to collect the credentials which used for DR backup , VSA backup , NDMP , SQL , on one report, rather than collecting manually 

Good to know, thanks!  there is a feature to change accounts across all in one, so I was wondering if that was the end goal.

Let me ask around internally to see what we have for you.  Might need to be a custom report or REST API pull.

Good to know, thanks!  there is a feature to change accounts across all in one, so I was wondering if that was the end goal.

Let me ask around internally to see what we have for you.  Might need to be a custom report or REST API pull.

Thanks Mike! appreciate it, first thing is to pull the credentials used then to change accounts across all in one

oh!  Well then I can at least get you the second part now 😎

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.24/expert/7965_changing_system_account_name_or_password_used_in_commvault_software.html

Take a look at that and see if you have any questions.  I have a super smart colleague who will be looking into the report portion.

Hi Allan,

I did some research and could not find an ideal report that would only give you that clear cut info.

You can try CommCell Configuration Report, with all options cleared except for "Include Subclient Information”

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.24/expert/39724_viewing_commcell_configuration_report.html

Then you want to find the User Account specified for the Agent. For example:

We will investigate further with Development to confirm if there is a better option or if it needs to be custom created.

Thank you.

Sarahy Pardo

US-Server-A

Hi Allan,

I did some research and could not find an ideal report that would only give you that clear cut info.

You can try CommCell Configuration Report, with all options cleared except for "Include Subclient Information”

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.24/expert/39724_viewing_commcell_configuration_report.html

Then you want to find the User Account specified for the Agent. For example:

We will investigate further with Development to confirm if there is a better option or if it needs to be custom created.

Thank you.

Sarahy Pardo

US-Server-A

Hey @Sarahy ,

I tried with option but it is giving huge report and sorting out the credentials is giving hard time as it is an huge environment. 

@Allan0105 , correct.  the report covers a LOT of options.  You’re best best is to export it to Excel and pull out the data you need accordingly.