Question

CommCell Syslog Configuration

• 24 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

I am trying to configure my CommCell to forward logs to a syslog server, but I cannot find where to enter the syslog server details. I am unable to follow the procedure in the documentation, as it starts by referring to a ‘Navigation Pane’ that does not exist anywhere in my version 11.28.63 console, nor does any other button, icon, or link that leads to a menu named ‘Manage’.  The Control Panel does have a ‘System’ icon in the ‘CommCell’ section, however, the resulting menu does not have a ‘Syslog server’ tile. There do not appear to be any reference images of the console interface available anywhere, so I am at a loss to figure out how to proceed. 

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Accessing the Command Center
https://documentation.commvault.com/2022e/essential/86636_accessing_command_center.html

You need to be using Command Center instead of the Java GUI.

Thanks,
Scott

Badge +1

Thanks very much for your response, Scott.

My CommCell is configured as a standalone backup server that I've only ever interacted with via the Java console. I don't have the Command Center configured as I have no intention of configuring and hardening a web server just to be able to connect to the CommCell in a browser. Are there actually core configuration settings that can be accessed in Command Center but not the CommCell Console?

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Thanks very much for your response, Scott.

My CommCell is configured as a standalone backup server that I've only ever interacted with via the Java console. I don't have the Command Center configured as I have no intention of configuring and hardening a web server just to be able to connect to the CommCell in a browser. Are there actually core configuration settings that can be accessed in Command Center but not the CommCell Console?

What if we provided a hardening script?