Question

Commvault LiveSync Firewall ports requirements

• 28 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi,

we would like to have an environment consisting of one Active CS host in the production site and one Standby CS host in a DR Site. Also we would like to enable automatic failover. And CS host will act as proxy for the client.

Commvault documentation, at least for me, is not clear about all the ports that we need to open.

Could you please help me find out?

I understood that ports 8405 and 8408 and also 8090, 8091, 8097 for HAC needs to be open between the two CS, both direction.

But I’m not sure which ports I need to open from the clients to both proxy CS.

In the documentation it says “If the SQL clients are used as the proxy, verify that all the clients in the CommCell environment can communicate with the port and hostname of the SQL clients in both the active host and the passive CommServe hosts.” https://documentation.commvault.com/v11/essential/106081_planning_for_commserve_livesync_setup.html

Thanks

1 reply

Badge +2

The ports required here are as described in the documentation.

You do not need 8090, 8091, 8097 for HAC.

“If the SQL clients are used as the proxy, verify that all the clients in the CommCell environment can communicate with the port and hostname of the SQL clients” -- We are referring to the tunnel port 8408 on the SQL instance.

We ll update the doc accordingly.

Thanks