I have Storage policies configured like this :

• first copy on storage disks
  • second copy on storage disks
  • selective Monthly Full copy to tape scheduled last day of the month
  • selective Yearly Full copy to tape not configured yet

Storage policy and copies

Storage policy Copy to tape Monthly property General Tab

Storage policy Copy to tape Monthly property Selective Copy tab

Schedule policy run each end of the month (associated with storage policy copy Monthly_Tape)

I want to know what the  : Wait until the current period is over before selecting a backup for this time period do.

I don’t know if I have to select this or the previous one : Select most recent job if there are no more full backup schedules in current period

I found documentation be not clear to me.

Thanks !

4 replies

Badge +1

Hello @Amin91 

Wait until the current period is over before selecting a backup for this time period: This setting just dictates that the selective process waits until the requested period is over (Month, year, week, etc) to select a job, in case the scheduled job is not the last one run.

Example: December 30th your last scheduled full backup runs, December 31st you need to run a different full manually for any reason. If you have “Wait until the current period is over before selecting a backup for this time period” enabled then the full run manually will be used for the selective copy. If you do not have it enabled it will automatically select the last scheduled full on December 30th. 

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,
John

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

@Amin91 what does your company policy require you to protect, the beginning Full of the month or the end of the month?

Set it up based on that

Badge +5

Hello @Amin91 

Wait until the current period is over before selecting a backup for this time period: This setting just dictates that the selective process waits until the requested period is over (Month, year, week, etc) to select a job, in case the scheduled job is not the last one run.

Example: December 30th your last scheduled full backup runs, December 31st you need to run a different full manually for any reason. If you have “Wait until the current period is over before selecting a backup for this time period” enabled then the full run manually will be used for the selective copy. If you do not have it enabled it will automatically select the last scheduled full on December 30th. 

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,
John

Thanks @JTauscher  very clear now !

Badge +5

@Amin91 what does your company policy require you to protect, the beginning Full of the month or the end of the month?

Set it up based on that

Last Full