Skip to main content

I am currently facing a problem. 
We have removed the full backup from our FileServer backup before a migration attempt that went wrong in 2021 with an extension of the retention period. This backup is currently on our backup storage. This backup storage is to be replaced this year and I would like to copy these full backups to our object storage. Using another Selective Copy, I cannot select these jobs from the Primary Policy for a copy.  We are currently still using Commvault 11.20.30.
Is there any other way to do this ?

Hi @thomas.S 

Can you try this:

Right click on the Aux copy → View → Jobs → Untick Time Range → Click Advanced → 

Only leave Jobs that will not be copied enabled → Click OK

This should give you a full list of jobs from the Primary, so check if your jobid is listed here and if so right click → Pick For Copy

I think a step people forget here, is that you need to verify that all the jobs you have selected have been copied to the destination

I have had situations where the basic retention rules applied to the extended retention backups and the data was aged off the destination prematurely. These jobs show up as pruned. If I had  relied on looking at the list of remaining jobs in :to be copied, partially copied, or not to be copied states then I would have overlooked this situation

Attached is a process allows you to take the “Jobs In Storage Policy Copies” report and use Excel to identify jobs that have not been copied from the source to the destination