Skip to main content
Solved

data aging

• 31 January 2022
  • 1 reply

I’v Storage policy enabled or few clients with the following precedence’s with the different storage frequency and retention period  bu when the schedule policy the client has only monthly backup’s enabled every month 1st at 12 AM so i wold like to know how dash copy and primary copy will work for the since there is no schedule daily or weekly , is following precedence’s applicable for the client? if so how dash copy will work  as there is no daily or weekly backup’s. 

Dash copy : every weekly on Sunday at : 12:AM

Tape : monthly 

1. primary
  2. dash copy
  3. tape copy
If you have a question or comment, please create a topic

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @EC3,

First and foremost, welcome to the Community and congratulations on your first post! We’re excited to have you as a new member of the community, I’m positive you’ll find great value from it. 

Regarding your questions on the storage policy copies. I may need some more clarifying information to properly address your questions. I believe you are asking what will be copied to the secondary copies based on the backup schedules that are associated with this client. Is that correct?

• The data protection schedules determine the type of backup job and the frequency of the backups
    • This data is written directly to the snap copy (if applicable) or the primary copy depending on the type of job
  • The aux copy (backup copy in the case of snap copies) schedules determine how frequently a job will run to copy the data from snap or primary copies to the secondary copies
  • The Aux copy schedules can either be configured to run for all secondary copies or can be granularly configured as individual schedules with different frequencies for specific storage policy copies.
  • The retention of the jobs is based on when the job is written to the corresponding storage policy copy
    • If a job that is required to be copied to a secondary copy has met basic retention but has not been copied yet, it will not become prunable until it has been copied.