Skip to main content
Solved

Delegating a Mailbox or a Folder Using Exchange Mailbox

• 19 October 2021
  • 9 replies

Hello guys,

The client would like to perform delegation of some mailboxes from the admin level.

However, when we try the following procedure, we cannot see the 'Exchange' entry under 'Protection / Applications' section.

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.24/essential/107643_delegating_mailbox_or_folder_using_exchange_mailbox.html

The Exchange Mailbox agent is properly configured in the CommCell Console.

CommServe is running 11.25.x

My question is, is there any way to migrate Exchange Mailbox settings from CommCell Console to Command Center?

Rgds,

Kamil

Hi @Kamil W 

It looks like the Guided Setup tasks for Exchange may not have been completed, which will enable that item in the menu.

Please take a look at Step 4: Configuring Solutions in the Command Center and complete the tasks for Exchange, then these options should be visible.

Thanks,

Stuart

Hello all,

It is look like bug.

Exchange application should be visable after add Exchange pseudo/virtual client via CommcellConsole.

But sometimes it isn’t occur. 

Under Manage-->Customization--> Navigation we can customize view for CommCell admin and we can enable “Exchange” under Protect/Applications

Based on what @mszyba is saying, it looks like you already had Exchange configured in the CommCell Console, but couldn’t then see it in Command Center as well (until you went to Manage-->Customization--> Navigation to enable “Exchange” under Protect/Applications).

Is that correct?

Hi @Mike Struening ,

Yes, that’s correct.

I can also confirm that @mszyba ‘s solution did work.

Rgds,

Kamil

Sweet, thanks!

Hi @Mike Struening ,

Do you know if it is possible to delegate permissions for deleted mailboxes (on the Exchange side)??

The client claims that there was such an option before and now it is not. In CommCell Console, mailboxes are available (but cannot be delegated there). I am sending you two screns in the attachment.

Thanks&Regards,
Kamil

Interesting.  Assuming you clicked the … and the option wasn’t there?

Here’s the delegate directions.  Note: last update was in 2020, so might be worth asking your customer how long ago they think they saw the option:

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.25/essential/127266_delegating_mailbox_or_folder.html

Hi @Mike Struening 

This is the same Client from the beginning of this thread. At first he had no access to the view, but now there was a problem with the view of deleted mailboxes and the possibility of delegating permissions for them (the whole action has been happening recently - maybe a month period. BUT

Is delegation supported at all for deleted mailboxes? I don't see it in the documentation, you know maybe? Alternatively, could you ask someone if there should be a view of deleted mailboxes available for their delegation?

Thanks&Regards,
Kamil

Asking internally, though so far it doesn’t seem possible.

I’ll update once I hear more (or someone else will reply here).