Skip to main content

Hello.

I want to ask if can I delete archived log files stored on /var/log/commvault/Log_Files/
Logs names looks like that *.log.bz2 

Agent on RHEL 7.9  CV 11.20 with FileSystem and MySQL

I found no information in documentation

Regards

Hello Boruczek,

generally speaking I wouldn’t advise to delete log files manually. There are some additional settings you could use to manage older log files pruning automatically, without manual intervention.

I would start with following this link: Configuring Removal of Non-Log Files

I would also consider using the additional setting CleanupLogsOlderThan_InDays which you could use to prune some older logs - you could set it to e.g. 90 days, but precise number of course depends on the policies you have in your Company. In case you haven’t had a chance to work with additional settings yet, you can use this instruction: Adding an Additional Setting from the CommCell Console.

Best Regards,

Marcin

Hello Boruczek,

generally speaking I wouldn’t advise to delete log files manually. There are some additional settings you could use to manage older log files pruning automatically, without manual intervention.

I would start with following this link: Configuring Removal of Non-Log Files

I would also consider using the additional setting CleanupLogsOlderThan_InDays which you could use to prune some older logs - you could set it to e.g. 90 days, but precise number of course depends on the policies you have in your Company. In case you haven’t had a chance to work with additional settings yet, you can use this instruction: Adding an Additional Setting from the CommCell Console.

Best Regards,

Marcin

Thanks, 

I will try :) 

Hi @Boruczek ,

Adding to Marcin’s statement, I would also advise you to check if there are any additional loggings enabled in the client machine for troubleshooting purpose earlier. Ideally the old logs should be deleted as per the default settings. You may refer to the below BOL and remove any additional logs enabled for the client machine if they are no longer required .

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.24/expert/114289_configuring_log_file_settings_in_commcell_console.html