Question

Delete old IndexCache directory

• 8 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hello,

I removed a media agent and I forgot to disable the Ransomware protection before I got rid of  it in commcell.

Now I can’t delete the directory since its “readonly”. Unfortunately the directory is on a drive also used for other things so I can’t format it. 

Since the drive has live data I don’t like to do the disk part thing either.

Is there a commvault tool or way for me to get rid of the directory?

Best Regards

Henke

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hello @Henke 

I am wondering if rebooting will allow you to delete the folder. Usually turning RWP on\off loads and unloads the filter in real-time, but without the software installed we cant talk to the OS anymore. Rebooting should unload the filter and allow you to remove it.

Thank you,

Collin

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hello @Henke 

Just following up…

If rebooting doesn’t work you can try to give your Windows User Account “Full Control” permissions to the Index Folder and then forcing the child objects to inherit the new permissions, then deleting the folder.

I was initially wondering if the RWP Filter was still enabled until reboot, but it may also be the NTFS permissions of the folder\files. The filter may be down but the NTFS flags are still on the files. These don’t get changed when RWP is disabled or the software is uninstalled.

Thank you,
Collin

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Thanks @Collin Harper.

I’ll try after a reboot.

//Henke