Question

Disaster Recovery Backup is pending state (A nonrecoverable I/O error occurred)

• 9 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Dear All,

We are facing low space issue on Media agent for DR backup.

Error :- Error Code: [34:77]
Description: A nonrecoverable I/O error occurred. Please check space available for database backup.
Source: comvdb, Process: commserveDR

Please suggest !!

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hmmm.. Quite simply add new disk space capacity to the folder where commvault performs its database dump or DR backup copy. Or perform disk cleanup.

But for such, no miracles. Too few disk space to perform the action is quite talkative..

Badge +2

Dear Team,

We have checked and remove the unwanted files, Now there is space available.

Will monitor next few days.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Good !

If you’re really low on disk space, you can also temporarily (or for good) move the location of your DR-backup folder (Commcell console/Configuration tab/DR Backup and locations..)

Badge

I have been having the same issue, seemed to start a couple of months ago, so regularly deleting the older DR copies to free up space.

Be great if anyone can advise a real fix rather than manual deletions.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Manual deletion of DR backups ?

This is impossible (unless you call the support etc..) since latest versions, as primary of DR backup becomes WORM. 

Not speaking about anti-ransomware protection too.. 

I’ve been suffering from DR backup jobs resulting in databases dumps growing, especially historydb, but this has been fixed in my latest MR just applied last wednesday. And I even ran a dbmaintenance to that db to make sure it was cleared of anything and smallest as it could be.