Question

Duplicate client object after crash of server client

• 25 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Client server have been crashed recently, then restored from commvault vm backup.  But after, I have duplicated of the server object:

The one with “OLD” is the old client entry with all the previous backups.  The other with the “?” is the new client entry that contains new backups.  How can I link the new one to my server?  I tried to reinstall client on server but it has recreate a third entry !  Because I want to have the “File System” entry on my new object to allow me to restore individual files in the futur.

thank you for your help.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hello @commdm Please confirm the following:

1. _Archives is the new client with whom you are taking only VM based backups? 
  1. _Archives_OLD was the old client that got crashed, on which you were taking file system backups and VM level backup both?
  2. During the restore, did you overwrite the existing VM or created a new VM with a different name?

Best,

Rajiv Singal

Badge +1

this VM has crashed so a restore of the VM have been made to a new VM.  The new VM have same MAC et same IP.    It’s when a new scheduled backp started overnight that the new object have appeared on the console