Question

ENDPOINTS

• 26 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +3
Hello please help.I installed commvault for a client and I have to make ENDPOINT backups.When I add a laptop I get the following error message. I'm new to commvault, I really appreciate your help.

Error code: [68:574]

Description: Required media version [11.32] with transaction Id [5494260] is missing in the Software Cache. CommServe may be installed with a lower version media. Please check the media in Software Cache and try updating the CommServe before updating clients.
Source: win-7r8v7nd73ub, Process: DistributeSoftware

2 replies

Badge +1

Hello Caro,

Good day!

Seems like the cache details on the commserve or remote servers are empty or have a lower version present in them. 

1. Place a Commvault package of the same version that matches Commserve at any location on the commserver. 
  2. If you do not have the package, download the full media of the required version from cloud.commvault.com or https://store.commvault.com/webconsole/softwarestore/store.do#!/ and then place it on the server. 
  3. Follow step 4 if you don’t have the same version package already on the server. 
  4. For example, if you only want to push install the Windows iDA file system and file system core, after downloading the package, run it as admin and select the option “Create package to install on the different machine.”. After clicking next to a few windows, select “Advanced Selection” and manually select File System and File System Core from the Microsoft Windows component tab on the left, and in the end, give the destination path for the customized package. 
  5. Once the package is created, you can run a copy software job against the path where the package is placed, and it will update the cache with the correct version: https://documentation.commvault.com/2023e/expert/106619_copying_software_package_to_commserve_cache.html
  6. Once the copy software job completes, on Commcell, you can navigate to Tools > Software Cache Configuration > Cache Details or Commserve name > All tasks > Add/remove software > software cache configuration and confirm the version is present in the cache, and then run the push installation again.

With regards,

Vamsi Vardhan

Badge +3

@Vamsi vardhan Thank you very much, I solved my problem.