Error Code: [18:146] Description: SAP HANA Error [Could not find out the HANA Version number.].

• 14 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hello.

I get the following error, Error Code: [18:146]
Description: SAP HANA Error [Could not find out the HANA Version number.]; We already confirm that the username and password are correct; What other discard can we give so that the backups do not fail again.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @Katerine Rua 

Could you increase clHanaAgent debug level and attach ClHanaAgent.log 

To increase debug Right click on the physical node of SAP HANA server → properties → advanced → logging tab

Click on add and select ClHanaAgent and change the debuglevel from default to 6 and click on ok

now reproduce the issue and provide the ClHanaAgent.log from the hana server 

The issue could be with the hdbuserstore key 

Additional you may also check the following

connect to SAP HANA server as SIDadm user and run the following query 

hdbsql -U BACKUP “select * from dummy”

In case if you are using a non SYSTEM user than ensure the user has following privileges 

https://documentation.commvault.com/2022e/expert/22335_creating_sap_hana_hdbuserstore_key.html

Regards,

Gowri Shankar

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@Katerine Rua 

Just run HDB -version as sidadm user on your HANA server. If this is working correctly, you need to check if you have installed Commvault agent with right user:group.

Thanks,

Sunil-

Badge +1

Good night.

I am trying to perform a restore, but I get the same error but with a different description, can you tell me that I can validate.
Error Code: [18:146] Description: SAP HANA Error [Failed to check and create tenant database [HPE] if doesn't exist. Please create an empty tenant database and retry.].

Badge

Hi @Katerine Rua 

Could you increase clHanaAgent debug level and attach ClHanaAgent.log 

To increase debug Right click on the physical node of SAP HANA server → properties → advanced → logging tab

Click on add and select ClHanaAgent and change the debuglevel from default to 6 and click on ok

now reproduce the issue and provide the ClHanaAgent.log from the hana server 

The issue could be with the hdbuserstore key 

Additional you may also check the following

connect to SAP HANA server as SIDadm user and run the following query 

hdbsql -U BACKUP “select * from dummy”

In case if you are using a non SYSTEM user than ensure the user has following privileges 

https://documentation.commvault.com/2022e/expert/22335_creating_sap_hana_hdbuserstore_key.html

Regards,

Gowri Shankar

I am facing same error message post upgrade HANA DB version...earlier it was working properly.

Thanks,

Sandeep