Solved

Error code 80:263

• 20 October 2022
  • 9 replies

Badge +1

hey I’m new to commvault administration I’m m taking over and have not yet had much formal training on the services yet. My question is this I’ve got a unix server that is not talking to my commvault server i can pin and I know the media agent is running.  It gives me Communication error when executing remote command arguments [-j 930739 -a 2:42 -t 2 -d ] will attempt a restart what is the best way to approach fixing the communication issue here as i’ve not been able to resolve it. with my own endeavors. Thanks

icon

Best answer by Aplynx 20 October 2022, 22:19

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

The error should give you a process that is failing, filescan (ifind), clbackup, archiveindex, etc.

Look for a log that corresponds to the process on the machine reporting the issue, filter on the Job ID and see where the breadcrumbs lead you. 

Also check here: ea.commvault.com/Catalog/Course?group=575&course=1450

Badge +1

its the scan Ifind.exe but did not think that ifind.exe would be the correct format for a unix machine. I’ll check out that course you recommend. 

Thanks for the suggestions

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

In my lab its always firewalld/iptables or selinux… gets me every time.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Unix processes have similar names and corresponding logs for same phases of operations as Windows. 

Badge +1

Drilling down here it looks like it is waiting for the loading of the client certificate. and waiting for further certs to be downloaded in the CVD.log file.

I don’t see any issues in the communication stream from the cvfwd.log files before the CVD.log file errors

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

can you post an excerpt from CVD? 

Badge +1

I can not its in an airgap but the last lines of the file say

CCvNetwork::GetConnection()  - waiting until client certificates have been downloaded 

CCcauthserver() - Only built-in certificates loaded. requesting by remote end:  to physical nod in the registry: 

Repeats those strings with some network pool resource calls in between

Maybe the Certificates are out of date i’ll have to have that checked Also.

Can try removing the media agent and reinstalling it I suppose.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Can try a new cert but that could also be what MFasulo said earlier. 

Open the Control Panel > Certificate Administration

Find the client having the issue and revoke any active licenses for it.

Then use the temp cert option to create a certificate for it and there should be onscreen options to follow to apply it. 

If it’s still a problem at that point you’re going to be troubleshooting network issues or opening a ticket with Support. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I can not its in an airgap but the last lines of the file say

CCvNetwork::GetConnection()  - waiting until client certificates have been downloaded 

CCcauthserver() - Only built-in certificates loaded. requesting by remote end:  to physical nod in the registry: 

Repeats those strings with some network pool resource calls in between

Maybe the Certificates are out of date i’ll have to have that checked Also.

Can try removing the media agent and reinstalling it I suppose.

The certificates are auto downloaded as soon as communication is established. Did you install interactively or perform a remote install?