Skip to main content

Greetings

I'm having an error when I restore a linux Ubuntu20.04 VM to VMWare the error that returns is this:

I'm doing a virtual machine migration test from Huawei's FusionCloud platform to VMware, and with that I'm using VMWare - Converter to run it.

When the migration finishes I have this initrd error to recreate the server.

Can you help to overcome this error?
Thanks if you have any tips

HI @varsenia ,

Can you check the the 1-touch backup and make sure it completed successfully?

If not, run a new Full backup job for this machine and attempt a restore again from the new Full backup job.

Best Regards,

Sebastien Merluzzi

Hi Sebastien

Yes the backup was completed successfully.

See this print

Here is the 6 returned error.

• /var/lib/lxcfs/cgroup/devices/system.slice/commvault.Instance001.service/devices.deny Permission denied
  • /var/lib/lxcfs/cgroup/devices/system.slice/commvault.Instance001.service/devices.allow Permission denied
  • /var/lib/lxcfs/cgroup/memory/system.slice/commvault.Instance001.service/memory.force_empty Permission denied
  • /var/lib/lxcfs/cgroup/memory/system.slice/commvault.Instance001.service/memory.pressure_level Permission denied
  • /var/lib/lxcfs/cgroup/memory/system.slice/commvault.Instance001.service/cgroup.event_control Permission denied
  • /var/lib/lxcfs/cgroup/blkio/system.slice/commvault.Instance001.service/blkio.reset_stats Permission denied

Hi @varsenia 

Looks like the restore was successful and it fails while creating the initrd before it reboots 

Could you try following the single stage method by following the steps from the link

https://documentation.commvault.com/2022e/expert/54016_1_touch_for_linux_single_stage_dvd.html

Regards,

Gowri Shankar