Question

"Excluded from SLA" Alert Token Criteria

• 13 March 2024
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I can’t find any documentation on what to actually enter for the “Excluded from SLA” alert token criterion.  It seems like it’s probably a boolean, but what do I actually enter?  The words ‘True’ or ‘False’? “Y’ or ‘N’? 1 or 0?

Thanks!
Sheree

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

@Sheree Grier,

What you are looking at are the tokens that can be added to an alert that gets sent to you. There is nothing for you to enter. You add the token to the alert and it will let you know if the job will be Excluded from SLA.

Regards,

Edward J Holowienka

Badge +1

Hi Edward,

I’m looking at alert filtering criteria, and I have to type something in the box to make it only send alerts which match the criteria:

The idea is to only send an alert if that subclient is not excluded from SLA, so I need to know how to format the “false” I’m looking for.

Thanks!
Sheree

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

@Sheree Grier,

So you are looking at setting up a smart client computer group to include clients that have the option Excluded from SLA checked?

Regards,

Edward J Holowienka

Badge +1

Hi Edward,

No.  I’m setting up an alert for certain failed backups, and I only want it to send the alert if the subclient is not excluded from SLA.

Thanks!
Sheree

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

@Sheree Grier,

The screenshot you supplied is for Smart Client Computer Group. Which I am assuming you want to add clients to that are not being excluded from sla. An then you will configure the alert against that group.

Regards,

Edward J Holowienka

Badge +1

Hi Edward,

The screenshot is from the Alert configuration’s Token Criteria Selection page.  It has nothing to do with Client groups.  The only group mentioned is an alert filter rule group--not a Client group!

Thanks,
Sheree

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

@Sheree Grier,

I testing found that the EXCLUDED FROM SLA token has 2 values YES and NO. So you would use the appropriate value in the alert filtering criteria.

Regards,

Edward J Holowienka