Question

Failed to set up DataPipe. The connection with this product's Communications Service on MediaAgent may have been reset. Check if the service is running.

• 27 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

i have a problem when i make a backup from some mssql databases with the transaction log backup.

Then comes the “warning”/”info”:

Failed to set up DataPipe. The connection with this product's Communications Service on MediaAgent may have been reset. Check if the service is running.

When i make a full backup it works fine.

My CommVault version is the V11.34.5 on the CommCell and the MSSQL iData Backup Agent on the client side.

Thanks a lot

Dietmar

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@inetdidi 

Hope you are well.

Can you confirm if the T-LOG backups are configured to use a separate policy to the FULL backups?

If so, it’s likely using a different media agent where the issue is occurring.

If you are using the JAVA console, you can validate this by checking the subclients properties > storage policy tab > there are options to define a separate policy for logs.

Regards,​​​​​​​

Chris 

Badge +1

Hi Chris,

nice to meet you.

Our T-Log backups have a saparate Schedule-Policy but the same Storage-Policy like the FULL backups.

I have checked all T-Log backups and now i can say, some of them (the older ones!) works also fine, but some of the new subclients become the warning.

The subclients (old as new) have the same settings in the CommCell!

Maybe it’s a problem in the MSSQL Server and not in the CommCell!

Kind regards

Dietmar