Question

Fedora release 36

• 13 November 2022
  • 8 replies

Badge +4

hello 

i have 2 machines running Linux Fedora 36 OS i need to install file system agent as per documentation last supported Fedora OS is 32 
https://documentation.commvault.com/v11/essential/142272_system_requirements_for_linux.html

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas these be added?

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Good morning.  As you have found, Fedora Release 32 is the latest version officially supported by Commvault.  I have reached out to some of my resources to confirm and inquire about the roadmap for Fedora 36 support.  I will update this thread as soon as I have a response.

Badge +4

dear @Orazan  
Thank you so much. I really appreciate your help. Please let me know when you have a response.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Because of Fedora’s short lifecycle and limited deployments, I think we typically only certify new versions when there’s a customer request. Let’s see what @Orazan comes back with.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Mohamed Ramadan Good morning.  Development has responded that while not officially certified, they do not anticipate any issues with this version for File System backups.  They said that you can install and test, and that if there are any issues we can assist.

Please keep us posted.

Badge +4

Thank you for the information @Orazan . Unfortunately, I have already tried installing the package, but I received an error message . 

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Mohamed Ramadan sorry for the delay here.

I’m going to assume you eventually created a support case to officially review this issue?

I checked internally and still do not see fedora 36 officially supported yet.

Regards,

Chris 

Badge +3

@Mohamed Ramadan sorry for the delay here.

I’m going to assume you eventually created a support case to officially review this issue?

I checked internally and still do not see fedora 36 officially supported yet.

Regards,

Chris 

I think it might be a case I worked, as I do remember raising a question on this release.

Badge +4

hello @mfox 

I have created a LAB for testing and it works for 11.28 and 11.32, but not for release 11.24

Regards,

Mohamed Ramadan