Skip to main content

Folder in Outlook calendar with calendar appointments are restored as mail type and not as calendar folder. Also all entries in this folder are mail type. Is this a known issue?

Thank you.

@ThomasG , I just spoke with our top support guy and he is not aware of this happening.

He suggested opening a support case to investigate deeper as it’s not a simple matter of checking something on the surface.

Can you share the case number once created so I can track it accordingly?

@Mike Struening , ticket id is 220317-132. Thank you very much.

Hello Mike,

I do not agree with the provided solution of the ticket. Message class of mail is IPM.Note and of calendar appointment it is IPM.Appointment. So this should be possible to see in browse and restore, but there we see only mail type for calendar appointments. Next problem is that we only see creation date of appointment and not the date of the appointment itself. Any ideas?

Thank you and reagrds,

Thomas

Looks like the engineer confirmed with a tier 2, though I’ll ask @Scott Reynolds to confirm.

Sharing the case resolution for easy reference:

Finding Details:

>Folder in Outlook calendar with calendar appointments are restored as mail type.
>When customer try to browse the calendar in the user mailbox the type is shown as Mail

Solution:

>Calendar item will always show the type as "Mail".
>This is by design and message class format which has been confirmed with Next Level Team
>To test the same selected 2 items from the calendar and restored to.pst file
>After successful restore we imported the same to outlook and it restores as mail.

@ThomasG

Can you clarify a few things for me please? 

Are you stating that the browse and restore is showing as ipm.note for everything AND when restored it restored them as ipm.note?
I would have to confirm on the browse display but the restore should not restore them as mail items.

Is this Exch onprem or O365?

Also, can you confirm this browse are you performing in Java GUI or Command Center? It was not clear from the TR info.

Hello @Scott Reynolds ,

We browse in Java GUI and we see mail type ( ipm.note) even in Calendar folder. Here we only see the creation date of the appointment and not the date of the appointment itself. Also restore Exchange onprem is mail type, even in PST.

Thank you.

Regards,

Thomas

Sharing case solution:

Finding Details:

>Folder in Outlook calendar with calendar appointments are restored as mail type.
>When customer try to browse the calendar in the user mailbox the type is shown as Mail

Solution:

>Calendar item will always show the type as "Mail".
>This is by design and message class format which has been confirmed with Next Level Team
>To test the same selected 2 items from the calendar and restored to.pst file
>After successful restore we imported the same to outlook and it restores as mail.