Solved

'Full' Backup option greyed out?

• 8 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi Guys,

First time poster here so hopefully I have completed everything correctly.

I am trying to do a Full Backup for 2 Clients in my Environment but the ‘Full’ Backup option is greyed out like so:

I can confirm that all Incremental and Synthetic Full jobs are completing absolutely fine with no errors and that ‘Enable Backup’ etc. is also selected in the properties of each:

Can anyone advise what may be the issue here? I can confirm that both have completed Full Backups in the past but it has been some time (over 3 years). I know that is a long time but this is something I have inherited and I am now in a situation where I need to perform a Full Backup due to Chunk errors I am getting.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Shaun

icon

Best answer by SparshGupta 9 November 2022, 06:30

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

What agent type is this?   Certain ones have restrictions after the first full like O365

Badge +1

What agent type is this?   Certain ones have restrictions after the first full like O365

Hi MFasulo,

Thank you for your response.

I can confirm that both are Windows File System Agents. Both of the Clients are 2008 R2 Virtual Servers (which we hope to replace soon but are stuck with for now).

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Shaun

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Shaun 

Is Object Based Retention enabled for the subclient? If so, full backups are not allowed and hence greyed out.

https://documentation.commvault.com/2022e/expert/61633_subclient_properties_retention.html

Thanks,

Sparsh