Skip to main content

Hello friends, I require your valuable help as always:

I have a backup of a SQL server database and it is 25 TB, I must perform the restore on a different server, but I have storage limitations, is it possible to perform this restore without generating the .bak file? if so could you please tell me how to perform the procedure?

Thank you very much. 🙏🏼

Have you attempted a SQL out of place restore?

Here is the documentation:
https://documentation.commvault.com/2022e/essential/104477_restoring_sql_database_out_of_place.html

@Orazan Of course, according to the link that you attach I perform this procedure, what I try is that it does not create the .bak file, since this forces me to have double the storage, that is if I am going to restore the 25TB, I must have the 25TB of the database and the 25TB of the .bak file and this last one is what I want to avoid that it generates me commvault.

I mean, I want to know if it is possible to restore without generating the .bak file.

I have commvault version 11.26.18

@FeRox 

Again this is all related to the same post here

When restoring to an alternate server if you restore into SQL it does not create a bak unless the streams were combined.

I have already done this and unfortunately it does not work.

It should work restoring backup into SQL assuming you copied it to disk and enabled the setting on the destination client. If it is not then I would suggest opening a case with support to review it.

Thank you, I will open a case immediately.
Blessings