Skip to main content

Hi All,

i have an short question regrading the index state. 

When i check the health Status i see that some index probles are rported. 

under the remarks the info is Index is outdated. it affects the VSA V2 

for some vms i get last index backup time 08.01.2024 and it shows index is outdated. Browse and restore is working fine. The Bigdata apps backup also runs fine. 

what can i check or do ?

Hello @SSchmidt 

The index will report as out of date if there is a backup that has run after the current status of the index.

Your browse and restore will work but only show data that has been replayed to the date it reports it is up to.

There is a backend process where the index will be replaying the data to bring it up-to-date and this is submitted at the end of the job ( archive index phase ) but will keep running after the backup job is completed. This means if you were to try browse a job immediately after it finishes you will find the data is not read to be browsed as the replay process can take 10min or so depending on the size of the job. 

In your case it sounds like your index replay is not broken but is slower than expected,  i would recommend raising a support case to review your environment. If you want to do some digging your self i recommend making sure you are up to spec based on the hardware guidelines. 
https://documentation.commvault.com/v11/expert/system_and_hardware_requirements_indexing_version_2.html

please advise if this has answered your questions!.

Kind regards

Albert Williams

Good Morning Albert,

thanks for your feedback. Is there an log on the ma where i can have a look into what the index reply job is doing ? 

Hello @SSchmidt 

If you take the Index GUID & Index MediaAgent from the report you can check the following logs on the MediaAgent and filter for the GUID (F5 in GXTail).

• IndexState.log
  • IndexServer.log
  • LogManager.log
  • CVD.log

Thank you,

Collin