Skip to main content

DDB Performance and Status Health Report shows that all DDB need upgrade.

CommVault FR 11.25.9

After running the Workflow, Is there anything else I need to do to? Do I need to enable Garbage collection? 

Nope, that’s it:

You can use the Convert DDB To V5 workflow to configure the Garbage Collection feature, which optimizes DDB performance by reducing DDB disk IO during data pruning.

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.24/expert/108822_optimizing_deduplicated_database_ddb_pruning_garbage_collection.html

Hello to you all

I’ve used the workflow to convert a DDB to V5, but even after, I can’t select the garbage collector or the pruning option, anyone had to face that?

thx

G

@Gil from Canada , I’d open a support case for this one.  There are situations (depending on what you are upgrading from) where you need to run the workflow twice, though I’d prefer to be safer and have support confirm the WF itself completed.

The workflow has two operation modes:

• Planning will provide the email you showed earlier where we can see that no compation is needed and
  • Execution when you select the DDB engine you want to upgrade and Grabage collection and Pruning Logs is enabled. (this can be done manually from the GUI)

Have you run the workflow in execution mode?

Unmarking the answer, especially due to @Ledoesp ‘s insightful observation!

Thx guys for your answers. If I run the planning it tells me one ddb is in the process of being moved and one needs to upgraded, and if I run the execution, it tells me no ddb need to be upgraded. This is a bit weird to me

I think I will open a ticket about this.

thank you again

Understood.  Please share the case number here so I can track it :sunglasses:

Here you are with the number

Incident 220216-647

thx for any help

G

Sharing case resolution:

inding Details:

Customer trying touse ConvertDDBToV5 workflow to upgrade all the DDBs in the environment, however cannot upgrade 2 of the DDBs.

Solution:

They were Transactional DDB. Provided the script,
qscript -f ResetMemDBForDDB.sqle -i 205
qscript -f ResetMemDBForDDB.sqle -i 79

after which customer was able to convert the DDBs.

Thank you again

A pleasure!