Skip to main content

Hi, 
It’s my first time  with installing commvault on linux. I managed to install system core and media agent but file system icon is grayed and can’t reconfigure file system. ( see screenshot) 

EvMgr.log :
3612  1434  09/07 12:51:39 ### ::onMsgReconfigureClient() - sending xml error to gui
3612  1424  09/07 12:52:24 ### getFileSystemType() - Failed to get Volume Information: volumeaD:] 21
3612  1424  09/07 12:52:24 ### machineBrowse() - CVDirectory::getFreeSpace failed with error code i21]

I would appreciate suggestions on how to solve this problem.  
J.

Hi @Jakub 

What service pack are you on? And what’s the purpose here? Are you looking to backup the debian machine or use it as local disk storage to protect the data?

If the plan is to backup the machine, could you please reinstall the client using both “File system core” & “File system” packages?

Thanks,

Sparsh

What service pack are you on? 
And what’s the purpose here? 
Protect specific data directory on debian server.  

Readiness check returns ready. 
But I can't create any backup set's nor new subclient on this machine. 

Hi @Jakub 

If software cache is populated on Commserver, you can simply run a push install.

Right click on the client → All Tasks → Add / Remove Software → Install Software → Select “File system” package under “Packages to install” → Complete the wizard

Else, please run interactive install and install the package.

You should be able to create backupset / subclients post package installation.

Thanks,

Sparsh