Solved

Linux commserve installation.

• 4 April 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

Any advice to install a commserve on a linux host? We checked this article https://documentation.commvault.com/11.26/expert/132365_commserve_server_system_requirements_linux.html  and installed all packets and SW.

We have tested to install on linux 8.4, 8.3 and 7.7 and the option to create a new commcell or install commserve never appears. We have also tested with version 11.25 and 11.26.

icon

Best answer by MFasulo 4 April 2022, 17:13

View original

If you have a question or comment, please create a topic

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@vcheca , I believe this is still in early adopter status.

Tagging in @MFasulo who can confirm and provide details.

Badge +1

Ok, we are just curious to test the product on linux, it is not a production system. Any help is welcome.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Yes, its still in EA.   I noticed that the installer is 11.25.x, please shoot me an email mfasulo@commvault.com, and ill get you the 11.26 installer and instructions

Badge

@MFasulo Is the Linux Commserve deployment scenario still in EA? I’ve noticed the instructions are publicly available. I have not tried installing the software yet, but I can only find the 11.24 Full Media Kit and the 11.26.18 Maintenance Release. Will there be a Full Media Kit release for 11.26.x? Thanks for the help.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

“early adopter status.” just as every official commvault release...completely untested by commvault, and users need to debug their software.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

I feel as if, signing up for betas is essentially accepting the risk. You can’t really complain. 
also Commvault supports a remarkable amount of different hardware and software configurations. Its a little unfair to make such a statement.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Bart I 100% understand your point, though only a small number of features are designated as Early Adopter.  These are not actually “released” but available (as mentioned by @christopherlecky ) for interested parties.  

For anyone who wants to get access sooner (and a direct line to our Product Managers for advice and suggestions), it’s possible to arrange.  Conversely, these features will be general release at some point in the future, so waiting until then is an option.