Skip to main content

We are using the File System setup for backups and I am trying to Setup a Live Sync to replicate from a WFS cluster client over to our NetApp NDMP or WFS that we have in stalled on Commvault. I don’t see the NetApp client listed for an option in the Destination list on Live Sync like other clients do. Is there any way to get the NetApp client added to the Destination list? 

Hi @DBA spoke to a few people and confirmed what I sent you via pm.

You can’t turn FS data into NDMP data

It was suggested that maybe if you set up SMB shares on the Netapp it will work, but it still can’t convert to NDMP.

Let me know if you have any questions about this 🤓

Thanks @Mike Struening. But what if I add a Windows File System backup on the NAS filer along with the NDMP? I have added that and it sill doesn’t show up??

If that doesn’t work would a Replication from one NAS file to another NAS filer work on a File System Setup?

Joe

Hello @DBA 

I am not sure if you can use the NDMP Agent on a Windows Fileshare clsuter pseudo-client, but you cannot covert WFS data to NDMP data. This is not a Commvault limitation but an NDMP protocol limitation. There is no way to LiveSync WFS data to another Filer while simultaneously converting from WFS to NDMP.

Thank you,
Collin

Okay, is it possible to Live Sync a NAS filer to a NAS filer on a File System agent setup? Or is there just no way to replicate a NAS filer?

Thanks for the help,

Joe

Hello @DBA 

It depends on the agent you are using. WFS vs. NDMP. For NDMP you can Snapvault or SnapMirror the data from one Filer to another. For WFS you can use CDR (Continuous Data Replicator) or Disaster Recovery Replication. Ultimately you can always configure an aux copy to move the data from one set of storage to another.

ContinuousDataReplicator Overview - https://documentation.commvault.com/11.26/expert/37192_continuousdatareplicator_overview.html

Disaster Recovery and Replication - https://documentation.commvault.com/11.26/essential/113647_disaster_recovery_and_replication.html

Thank you,
Collin