Skip to main content

I can’t seem to get Livesync “test failover” to work with 11.28.24.   I got very close this time with the passive node able to restore the databases but failed when executing maintenance recovery tool.   Subsequently, all failover tests just failed on the fact that it couldn’t log in with sqladmin_cv.   I followed the instructions on how to get the databases out from restoring mode.. https://documentation.commvault.com/2022e/essential/105030_getting_database_out_of_restoring_mode.html  

It almost seem like when it failed the first attempt, it left the configuration in a bad state which resulted in sqladmin_cv failing to log in on all subsequent tests.  I rebuild this so many times already...

Any advice?   I appreciate your help and time.

CSRecoveryAssistant.log

Hey @ntapfrank,

This one seems complicated and may not be optimal to solve here. It does seem like the passwords in the registry are out of sync and may need to be manually re-synchronized by support. Security has been hardened in FR28+ so there many be some additional gotchas here I am not aware of.

I think for this one, your best bet is to open a support case and have them take a look. I’ll see if I can get one of those experts to check out this thread regardless.

One thing you can quickly check is that the feature release and maintenance release level is identical between primarily and failover CS, as well as SQL version and associated CU version.

Thanks Andre, it does appear something is broken with 11.28.   I re-install everything  in my lab with 11.26 and failover and failback work fine.

Will need to raise this with Engineering as I’m working with a customer who is running 11.28.

Also, for others who ran into this issue… do not attempt to modify the paccess in the registry like what others recommended in this board.  It doesn’t work. 

Thanks Andre, it does appear something is broken with 11.28.   I re-install everything  in my lab with 11.26 and failover and failback work fine.

Will need to raise this with Engineering as I’m working with a customer who is running 11.28.

Also, for others who ran into this issue… do not attempt to modify the paccess in the registry like what others recommended in this board.  It doesn’t work. 

From FR28+ passwords have a unique seed per commcell, so you can no longer ‘transfer’ encrypted password hashes in the traditional sense. I suspect something is up with that here but can’t be sure. Keep us posted on the support case # and I’ll track it to see what the outcome is.