Skip to main content

Hello Team,

I am migrating a SQL Cluster from Data protector to Commvault.

Do you know if we can migrate by leaving data protector installed and running, and moving gradually the DB backup to Commvault one by one ?

I Just want to know if Data protector and Commvault can run together. Data protector will be uninstalled when all DB will be backed up successfully to Commvault.

Thanks !

Hello @Amin91 

This should not be a problem. I obviously wouldn’t recommend running their backups at the same time, but we are agnostic to having other backup software installed.

Thank you,
Collin

@Amin91 The main issue that you can run into using both is if you are running transaction log backups on the SQL databases. When this happens CommVault will convert the tlog backups to fulls since a backup was ran outside of CommVault. Recommended to run tlog backups in only one method, other than that there should be no real issues.

@Amin91 The main issue that you can run into using both is if you are running transaction log backups on the SQL databases. When this happens CommVault will convert the tlog backups to fulls since a backup was ran outside of CommVault. Recommended to run tlog backups in only one method, other than that there should be no real issues.

Thanks Scott for the information, we discussed about that with the Database admin.