Skip to main content

Hello everyone,

I have both physical and virtual servers in my environment, vms are hosted on esxi.

Recently I installed wamp server on one windows vm and configured the backup for complete windows server via commcell and it’s running fine but I could only see file level backup while I also need for mysql database which is a part of wamp server so that i could recover any accidentally deleted database in bad case.

NOTE: unlike other physical windows servers where I installed commvault agent in windows server and configured file system backup and mysql backup instances seperately, everything works fine. While in the case of windows vm, I cannot see mysql instance after expanding the vm name in commcell console client computers. do i need to configure mysql backup instance seperately like what i did for physical server? what exactly am i missing?

Any help will be appreciated.

Attached the screenshots for more clarity

In order for Commvault to see the MySQL instance the agent will need to be installed.

In order for Commvault to see the MySQL instance the agent will need to be installed.

Hi Orazan,

thanks.

Got it after attempts.

Had to follow the same process like physical server, i.e. adding new client from “client computers” and then adding the mysql agent.