Question

NAS backup issue - NetApp Keystone HW

• 28 March 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +7

Hi all, i was trying to find out what might be the cause here but I am stumped…

We are using netapp as HW, trying to do a ndmp intellisnap snapshot and it fails with below:

Error Code: [32:392]
Description: Failed to prepare snapshot. : [Failed to determine volume and path info. Error[0xEDDD0001:{CvNetAppArrayOps::determineVolumeAndPath(365)/Int.1.0x1-Connection failed. Error[Cannot log in to file server - no file server name has been set.]}]]
Source: x, Process: vsbkp

I’ve checked the logs and I see that it logins to cluster and gets credentials for it..
I have the cluster itself added to Commvault, also the SVM, but for some reason it fails..

7 replies

Badge +7

Hi @benjaminas 

To confirm is this a new configuration or has this previously been operational and you’re suddenly having issues?

A few things to check off are the following:

Commvault version dependant please double check the configuration meets the requirements https://documentation.commvault.com/2022e/expert/3031_ndmp_agent_system_requirements_01.html

Another thing to be made aware of if this array has been added to an environment with existing arrays configured is that previously we’ve seen an issue where SVMs have become associated with two arrays following the configuration of a new array within the environment. 

The following commands should be able to help identify if SVMs are in use across incorrect/multiple arrays when ran on both filers (from the cluster level):

• vserver show
  • network interface show

If you find any SVMs reporting associations with the wrong array then this issue can be addressed by entering the Netapp client properties and correcting the association. 

I would advise that if this is having any knock on impacts to a production environment however that you engage with Commvault Support in order to have this looked into at a more in depth level. 

Badge +2

Is there any solution for this error?

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hello @clariion 

Are you facing the exact same issue and setup is also the same? If not, I would request you to elaborate your environment with details and the exact issue you are facing. 

Best,

Rajiv Singal

Badge +2

Hey Rajiv,

I am facing exact the same.
Incident Number: 230822-468​​​​​​​

Badge +7

Had to change netapp config. Create intercluster lifs, IP would be based not on SVM level, but on cluster level. That solved it...although be it - strange.

Badge +2

Had to change netapp config. Create intercluster lifs, IP would be based not on SVM level, but on cluster level. That solved it...although be it - strange.

Will try this. Thanks

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

@clariion the case is open and has been asked for the API logs used at the time of login from NetApp.

The information will be helpful going forward with the case in the right direction as the logs shows incorrect credentials error at the time of snapshot. It would be crucial for us to check what Netapp logs when we request for the snapshot with the credentials being used. 

Best,

Rajiv Singal