Skip to main content

We prepare a new Cluster Installation for HW Refresh and get this error:

Error: The installed Microsoft SQL Server instance is not of the required version. Please upgrade/update the SQL Server to at least [SQL Server 2012 SP2] and try again  

But we the installed the SQL from the Media Package 11.24.34 → SQL 2019 - 15.0.2000.5

2xWin 2019 with Pre-Installed SQL Cluster 2019

Any Ideas?

Did you do the install separately from the CommVault installation? and if so why?

we install the SQL seperatly, because we have Problems with the DHCP Setting from the IP by the Cluster Installation.
Then we install the SQL Cluster from the Commvault Media Kit without Problems.

Interesting. I have nothing to add I was just curious. 

This may be best handled by a ticket.

@Patrick Müllner , can you share the incident number once created so I can track it accordingly?

Thanks!

Thx, we open a case → 220607-364

Thanks, @Patrick Müllner !

The Problem was that we use the default instance name by the SQL Installation. After we change it to a named instance (COMMVAULT), the Installation works.

Thanks for sharing @Patrick Müllner !

Sir 

How to change default instance name in CommVault I have facing same EEROR when in install the CommVault fail over cluster in windows 2016 Server .

Please help me.

Regards 

Sudipta Roy

Hi,

you must deinstall the Default SQL Server Instance (i think MSSQLSERVER) and install a new Instance with the Name “COMMVAUTL”.

Regs,
Patrick

Sir 

Do have any step-to-step action plan to configure Commvault cluster configuration.

Best Regards

Sudipta Roy