Question

NFS Access Node Unavailable

• 19 February 2024
  • 7 replies

Badge +15

Looking for some input on the use of Data Access Nodes when backing up NFS shares.

I noticed during a backup failure that my Proxy 1 in this case was down and backups went into a pending state. However there are several over proxies also available for the job as shown. So it is my understanding that the job will NOT go the list and pick the next one available. How do I make sure that Commvault uses the next available proxy on the list if first one or any of them fails?

Can you point me to the right documentation where it talks about the failover for those nodes since I could not locate one?

Thanks

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi @dude 

Thank you for reaching out. 

Your understanding is correct. If you have multiple nodes assigned and one of the nodes is down the backup will run using the other nodes available, but you need to make sure that all nodes have communication to each other. 

If there is no communication, the backup will go to a pending state and will fail ultimately. 

Can you please check if the connectivity is in place and if still the backup is failing, I would suggest you raise a case with logs to check further, 

Badge +15

@nishas communication is not an issue as other Proxies are being used in other subclients the only different is that they are showing first on the list.

I dont think the job is going down the list if the first one isnt available.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hello @dude Is this a file system instance where you have added the access nodes and taking backup of shares, or you have configured this as filer specific instance? 

Can you also check if all the access nodes are also mentioned on the backup set level in the same manner? 

Best,

Rajiv Singal

Badge +15

It is a NDMP Client with a Linux File System Agent installed. Proxies are entered at the agent level as well as the subclient level.

Badge +15

Is there any (documentation) additional setting required to make sure these nodes are actually used in case the first one on the list is not available? @Rajiv  @nishas 

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hello @dude still checking on this, might need some more time to confirm something. 

Best,

Rajiv Singal

Badge +15

@Rajiv wondering if you have anything new on this?