Skip to main content

how can we open the installation files , our security team want to scan and check these folder and files 

these zip files are not able to open , any idea

Hello @Ajal 

What is the exact file you are looking for to review? I believe a zip file should be extracted first and then individual items can be viewed. 

Best,

Rajiv Singal

@Rajiv  basically all the files and folders in commvault ex: \content store \sw \cvmedia\sp2845646\activation.jar.zip

trying to unzip it its says no file inside 

@Ajal , all the files and folder under \SW\cvmedia are related to the software cache configuration. If the folder/file is empty, it can probably means the cache is not updated properly w.r.t to the version and the component (Filesystem, DB, Virtliuzation etc) involved. 

The folder AppStudioDB.zip seems to be related to commserve database and you can check the directory C:\Program Files\Commvault\installer\Common\Database\AppStudioDB.zip and confirm if you have created any package anytime before for core Commserve and check if any file is present. 

If you want to update the cache all over again from start, you can refer: https://documentation.commvault.com/2022e/expert/2718_managing_commserve_cache.html

Best,

Rajiv Singal

@Rajiv  securty team want to inspect the files before and after the installation 

this is just an example am providing as you can see the size of the folder 

@Ajal I checked in the lab and even we cannot open/extract these folders from the \SW path and I believe its due to the reason they are only meant for cache. If you would like to check original data underneath these these zipped folders, you can navigate to the following paths and have your security team check them:

Best,

Rajiv Singal

@Rajiv  thanks for support

could you please check in your lap if the following path related files are usually .zip or is it happend while transferrring files 

@Ajal Its the same scenario in the lab as well for the cache directory path: 

Best,

Rajiv Singal