Question

Not allowing SQL account change

• 14 August 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hi Team,

when we are trying to change the impersonate user, it is giving unknown error. any help will be great. 

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

@Allan0105 

Hi Allan, Please try updating the same with another user who has master access.

Try with the local admin account for example. If the error is same then we need to monitor the EVMGRS.log

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

@Allan0105 To add on to Navneet, could you please confirm if the credentials you have added here were correct/ not locked? We have observed this behavior with incorrect credentials as well. If that’s the case, please do open a case with us to work on it further since it may need script to remove the incorrect credential. 

Best,

Rajiv Singal 

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

@Allan0105 To add on to Navneet, could you please confirm if the credentials you have added here were correct/ not locked? We have observed this behavior with incorrect credentials as well. If that’s the case, please do open a case with us to work on it further since it may need script to remove the incorrect credential. 

Best,

Rajiv Singal 

Thanks Navneet & Rajiv, I will check it with master account. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@Allan0105 Were you able to restore this issue? As @Rajiv noted most likely this is incorrect account permissions.

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

@Allan0105 Were you able to restore this issue? As @Rajiv noted most likely this is incorrect account permissions.

No Scott, i tried with master account but no luck but i will create new sql account and try

Badge +3

Perhaps you can try impersonate by running the backup services under backup account rather then set it via commvault GUI. Btw, you cannot have both the same time because it will not work (double impersonation)