Skip to main content

Hello,

Im looking for best way to backup o365 services in different Disk Storage for users in same tenant.

To be more clear, the requirement is some o365 users to be at Disk Storage1 (as backup repo) and some other users from the same tenant to be at Disk Storage2 (as backup repo).

Im thinking to create a 2 X Exchange online app and 2 X OneDrive app, in order to assign different Plans (for backup repo).

Is there any other way?

Hello @Nikos.Kyrm 

This is a very unique ask. What is the use case?

You can assign different O365 plans and have separate retention for different users.

Hello @Nikos.Kyrm 

This is a very unique ask. What is the use case?

You can assign different O365 plans and have separate retention for different users.

Hello @Scott Reynolds 

I know that you can assign different o365 Plans to same app, but the use case here is to backup up different AD groups (from same tenant) to different / separate Disk Storage.

Its for a subsidiary company, so they need to separate the backup up DATA to different repos.

AD Group A → DiskStorage 1
AD Group B → Disk Storage 2

So, Im looking for the smartest way to do it.

In that case I think your only option is two pseudo mailbox clients. There is currently no way to do this with one single client.
Just set them up for AD discovery and make sure the users are in the correct AD group and only that one since you don't want to back them up twice. Also maybe disable all users subclient and just leverage the AD group discovery if possible. Assuming these are new clients you can use the same index server/access nodes.

@Scott Reynolds Actually, because this is a subsidiary company and the users are already in AD Group A, Im going to exclude them from Disk Storage 1 and add the AD Group B to Disk Storage 2.

So, I will not have any duplication backup for same users.
Access Node & Index will remain the same, yes!

Thanks you in advance!
Nikos