Skip to main content

Hello,

I have a question about Exchange online backup.

Does Commvault protects also the deleted items folder for exchange online mailboxes?

Please for your feedback,
Nikos

Hi @Nikos.Kyrm ,

Yes. The deleted items folder will also be backed up for the Exchange Online mailboxes.

You can very well perform a browse for a mailbox and you should be able to find the Deleted items folder in the browse window.

Hello @GnanaPrakasam 

Thanks for your reply.

Im sorry, but from mailbox restore browser, I see that the Deleted Items folder includes the data from Outlook Deleted Items (recycle bin).

Im asking if Commvault protects also the Recover Deleted Items from o365 exchange online mailboxes.

Nikos

Hi @Nikos.Kyrm ,

The following screenshot from Outlook means that the items has been deleted from the outlook deleted items(Recycle Bin) and we can recover it for a short period of time.

If we backup the deleted items, all the items in the Deleted items will get covered which will include these items as well.

Hi @GnanaPrakasam 

The thing is that if you delete an email from Deleted items folder (from outlook), you will be still able to recover it from Recover Deleted Items, but what about Commvault?

Can Commvault backup protect also these emails that only present in Recover Deleted Items?

From my test I didn’t find a way.

Nikos

Hi @Nikos.Kyrm ,

In order to configure backup for the Deletions folder in O365, please edit the Exchange plan and enable Include deletions folder.

Dear @GnanaPrakasam 

I thing your are right!

After enabled the “Include the Deletion folder” to o365 plan, I was able to see in Commvault restore browser also the Recover Deleted Items!

Best regards,
Nikos